Novell GroupWise 8 Administration Training
Novell Groupwise 8 has many new and exciting features making it the undisputed hub of your business collaboration. As a GroupWise administrator, you need to know how to install, configure, and monitor many of the new and enhanced features in web accessibility, calendaring, and messaging. In this course, you will learn how to confidently migrate existing GroupWise systems to Novell GroupWise 8, install and configure GroupWise 8 for multiple platforms, and perform many other tasks needed in the day-to-day administration of a GroupWise system.
Intermediate - This course requires some prior knowledge. Students should have some knowledge or some experience of the prerequisites before taking this course. See the 'Prerequisites' and 'Audience' sections for more details.
You must have an understanding of the following:
- CompTIA A+® Certification (or Novell courses 1105 and 1106)
- CompTIA Network+® Certification (or Novell Course 3003)
- Novell Course 3001 or 3016, Foundations of Novell Networking
- Novell Course 3004 or 3042, Novell Network Management, or
- Equivalent experience
Novell GroupWise Administration (Course 3105) is ideal for:
- GroupWise system administrators, integrators and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller and partner technical-support staff
- New GroupWise customers
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure a basic GroupWise system on Linux
- Install and explore the GroupWise client on Linux and Windows
- Perform administration tasks in and maintain a basic GroupWise system
- Install, configure, and optimize GroupWise Internet Access (GWIA)
- Expand a GroupWise system and maintain it
- Install and configure GroupWise WebAccess
- Install and configure Novell Messenger
- Monitor a GroupWise system
- Upgrade and migrate a GroupWise system from NetWare to Linux
There is no exam associated with this course.
|This is traditional instructor-led classroom training. Students are taught in person using classroom
computers for labs.
||Still instructor-led, this method allows students to participate remotely using a home or office computer with a
microphone and earphones. Classroom computers are used over the Internet to complete labs.
||Materials used in the classroom are provided. No instructor or computers provided. Can be studied at
student's own pace.
|Length: 5 Days
||Length: 5 Days
More Info about In-Classroom
More Info about Live Online
Order Self-Study Kit
Mon, May 27, 2013 to Fri, May 31, 2013 in Toronto
Mon, Jul 15, 2013 to Fri, Jul 19, 2013 in Toronto
Mon, Sep 16, 2013 to Fri, Sep 20, 2013 in Toronto
Mon, Nov 4, 2013 to Fri, Nov 8, 2013 in Toronto
See calendar for this course
Back to List of Courses
Prices do not include applicable taxes.